Sunday, November 1, 2009

Collared Kingfisher Ate a Puffer Fish

This morning I saw something very strange at my regular birding place. I saw a Collared Kingfisher consumed a Puffer fish. The Collared Kingfisher was alive after eating the highly toxic fish.
Is Collared Kingfisher has a immune system against the toxic of Puffer fish ? or not all Puffer fish are highly toxic.

The following photos are captured using Canon 5 D mk II with EF 600 mm F4 IS telephoto lens.

1 comment:

Angad Achappa said...

Brilliant shots!! Some of my fav pics!!