Friday, May 6, 2011

Baya Weaver

It is really amazing to see the nest of Baya Weaver. The nest is perfectly weaved with natural fibre. Recently I took some time off while visiting Singapore to photograph the nesting process of the Baya Weaver. We found a series of nests at a remote north west corner of Singapore. Some of nests were completed, the adult birds were actively ferrying food into the nest. I also found a few other nests which are partially constructed. The adult birds were working hard gathering the nesting material into the nest. The adult birds weaved the nests using leaf and natural fibre found nearby. The "craftsmanship" is really superb, I would call it the world best weaving "machine".




Working hard on the partially completed nest :




Thanks for reading.







5 comments:

Kah-Wai Lin said...

Nice to see the birds working with their nest. I wish to but I use to saw empty nest:P

Saandip Nandagudi said...

Superb documentation @ lovely photographs..

WS said...

like the first pic, well done

Shiroi Yuki said...

Nice work

Bill Garnett said...

Amazing photographs - I admire your skill and patience and knowledge of birding that is so evident.