Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sungai Sedim





On Oct 3rd Morning, Nelson, Tsien and I decided to head to Sungai Sedim to photograph wild-birds. It has been more than a month that we last  visited the area. With the start of the migratory birds season, we hope to get some species of flycatchers.


I managed to get 3 species of photo lifers and 1 lifer, photo lifers were Verditer Flycatcher, Brown Fulvetta and Banded Broadbill. I was not able to get a clear shot of the Yellow-rumped Flycatcher. I am delighted also to get some improvement shots of the Scarlet Rump Trogon.






Verditer Flycatcher




Brown Fulvetta




The Banded Broadbill perched high up on a tree.







The Scarlet Rump Trogon perched low.


While waiting for other birds to appear, I came across this unique insect.

 

Portraits of my friends:








Thanks for viewing !


1 comment:

vermixhowl said...

strong lens ,
nice shoot!