Sunday, October 4, 2009

Whiskered Terns Are Back to Byram

Oct 4th 2009, Byram Penang.
Rain, rain, rain again on Sunday morning. I decided to stop by at my favourite  "nasi-lemak" place to have my breakfast before going to Byram. At about 8.30 am, the rain stopped and I headed to the location.

At the entrance to my shooting location, I spotted this pair of Brahminy Kite. I wind down the window and made a few shots.







I saw a flock of Whiskered Terns hovering above a pond. They were looking for food and waiting for the right moment to dive into the target.  I setup my equipments for some flight shots. The following photos were captured using my 1 D mk3 + EF 600 mm F4 IS mounted on a Gitzo carbon fiber tripod.
I set the AF to AI servo mode.
















A Whiskered Tern perched on a lonely pole. 


At the other smaller pond, I saw a few pairs of Little Grebe.






Thanks for viewing.

1 comment:

Bob Bushell said...

They are great pics. Lovely aerial photos.