Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Closer Encounter With the Blue-Banded Kingfisher

July 15 2010, I decided to take a half day off from work. I spent the entire morning at the Ulu Paip lowland forest searching for the Blue-banded Kingfisher. At 10 am, I found the subject at a small pond near the waterfall. The male Blue-banded Kingfisher perched at a rock under a tree. He was very kind to let me photograph him for 5 minutes. Due to the poor lighting condition, I had to use an ISO of 1600 to 2500. Even with this ISO range, the shutter speed was between 1/20 to 1/40, most of my shot ended up with motion blur. Here are some better one, out of the 60 shots :

This morning he allowed me to get nearer, compared to my first encounter last week.
1 D mkIV EF800 IS + TC, Center point focus, 1/20 F8 ISO 2000






Thanks for viewing.



4 comments:

Wai Yien said...

still beautifully done.

Hawkeyes a.k.a Kiah said...

Hi yen,

Thanks.

WS said...

Like the first one, well done

Ayuwat Jearwattanakanok said...

Wow Very beautiful photos of this little jewel!